Dimension Drive AVAILABLE NOW on Steam

Pour toute discussion d'ordre général sur les shoots et les topics impossible à ranger ailleurs =)
Répondre
stilghar
Mou-Stick

Hello!

We are finally getting closer to release and I want to update you on the release info for Dimension Drive. If you have any question I'll be happy to help. Sorry for the English post.

PLATFORMS: Windows, Mac, Linux
RELEASE DATE: 16 February 2017 (Early Access)
STORE (STEAM DRM FREE): http://store.steampowered.com/app/394430

FEATURES
  • - A new type of shoot’em up: Fast Dual-Screen vertical shoot’em up with teleportation.

• - Rich science fiction adventure: Teleport your way across the multiverse fighting the ultimate threat, meet new races and allies. Unfold the secrets of your past and the creators of the Dimension Drives. Become a legendary space pilot.

• - Clever mix of three mechanics: A seamless combination of levels focusing on strategic shooting and real-time puzzles will make you question what you know about shoot'em ups.

• - 2 games on your screen: Multitask and single-handedly fight 2 shoot’em ups side-by-side.

• - 4 difficulty modes: Normal, Hard, Extreme and WTF! Offer different challenges for different play styles. Play with shields in Normal, or go to the old-school route with one hit kills in Hard and Extreme. If you are up for the challenge try WTF! and try your luck at beating the game with one single hit.

• - Single player and local co-op: Play solo or enjoy our unique take on 2 player mode: total cooperative where both players share everything down to their lives, play as a team or die.

• - The Multiverse: Finished the story mode? Don't worry, we got you covered. One new level releases every 2 weeks for you to challenge your friends and claim the highest score. Become the best pilot in The Multiverse!

• - Comicbook art style: Video game meets comic. Experience the story of Jack through the motion comics and awe at the colour rich in-game comic art style. Who said space was black?

• - Energy management: The Manticore is powered by the Dimension Drive energy. Carefully strategize and decide when and where are the best places to teleport.

• - Advanced scoring system: Obtain the best score in the leaderboards.

• - Teleportation! (We said that already, didn't we?)

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler :

Dernière modification par stilghar le 20 févr. 2017, 14:26, modifié 3 fois.
Alec
King Fossile

It looks great !!!

But one thing, i hope the protagonists will shut up a little during the game because if :
-one ennemy shot down = "this is for my parents"
-another ennemy takes a hit = "diiiie monster"
-pass trough bullets = "weeeeeeeeh"

It could be quite disturbing during the game for "old shmup geezers" like here for example.

But the game looks good and your dual dimensions screens should have be tricky to built, level design, background etc....
ImageImageImage
stilghar
Mou-Stick

Thank you!

Don't worry the characters talking so much was done for the trailer :)
In the game there is only some dialogue at the start and end of level (that you can skip if you want). So you can concentrate and play not paying any attention to our nice story :(

Yeah, building the levels was more than twice the work compared to a regular shmup. It's basically building two levels and making sure they play "nice" together. Hope you like it once we launch in a couple of weeks!
M.Knight
Empereur Bydo

I think Shikigami No Shiro did the whole "character voices" integration thing well by having player characters only shout/speak during gameplay whenever they get hit ot fire a bomb. As long as you add an option to toggle voices, I think it could add some personality to your character if she utters voice clips at those specific moments.

Don't feel let down by players who want to skip the story even though you spent a lot of time fleshing out the universe and setting. The shmup genre is really focused on gameplay and replayability, so even people who are deeply interested in the lore will want to skip story segments after the umpteenth time they play. That's normal. ;)
stilghar
Mou-Stick

Oh, hi M.Knight. We totally understand that replayability is key that's why the dialogues can be skipped. Not feeling let down at all, we just want to create a great shmup and at the same time bring some meaning and story to it. Some players will love this part and dig deeper on it and some others will play just for the gameplay, we're totally fine with it. The important is that everybody enjoys their time with the game :)
Alec
King Fossile

stilghar a écrit :Thank you!

Don't worry the characters talking so much was done for the trailer :)

Ok, cool then !

I'm sure your story is great, if i play a first run i'll pay attention, be sure of it !

I'm not a big fan of speech during game that's all ! :)
ImageImageImage
stilghar
Mou-Stick

Dimension Drive is now available on Steam. Hope you like it :)

We have also added a new game mode called The Multiverse. Basically, we release a new level every 2 weeks (a bi-weekly challenge) to compete on the leaderboards. After the 2 weeks period is finished The Multiverse level changes and the leaderboard resets so the competition can start again.

Répondre