STGWeekly at Extra Life Cafe Dec 28 at 2pm

A small topic for english speaking users =)
Répondre
Frenetic
Insert Coin

<New Edit>:

Hi everyone I'll be at Extra Life Cafe on Dec 28th at 2pm. I'd love to hang out with you fellow shmup players and if you want to be interviewed, let me know. Otherwise, we can just hang out, have fun, share stories, and friendship. :))

https://www.facebook.com/extralifecafe/
https://www.extralife-cafe.com/

9 passage des patriarches
Paris, France 75005
+33 1 77 11 42 86

Cheers,
F

<Old Message>
Hello. The F-man will be in Paris December 27th and 28th. I'd like to meet up with some of the members French shmup scene and do an interview for the YouTube show STGWeekly. http://youtube.com/STGweekly. Maybe we could we meet up at Coin Op Table? http://coin-op-table.com/ Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Cheers,
F
Dernière modification par Frenetic le 24 déc. 2019, 20:15, modifié 2 fois.
-SGN-
Super Grand Nevrosé
Page Facebook : http://fb.com/leclubdessacs

Great! Looking forward meeting you. Coin-Op Table is indeed the appropriate place for such a meet-up :)
-SGN-
Super Grand Nevrosé
Page Facebook : http://fb.com/leclubdessacs

My bad, as Raisonnable said it will be closed that week.
Radigo
Counter Stop

As said in the IRL section (but mostly in French), CoinOp Table will be closed at that time and Kawaii Café lives no more (at least we are waiting for the next Kawaii café to open...).

Juju Kenobi may be there also, and I'm interested in joining the party. Unfortunately I don't know a public quiet and large enough place to host an interview.

I can check if it's possible at home, it's quiet and large enough (plus there are arcade machines and cats) but it's not inside Paris and I'm working until around 7PM on friday.
"HYPER GAGE : 500%"
olisan
Radiant Silverpost

Hi,
Will try to came at the meetup !

Can't offer a place to play arcade right now... As CoinOp is closed, maybe take a lool at ExtraLifeCafé ?
Frenetic
Insert Coin

Thank you everyone for responding! :love: I would love to meet you all. I'm asking if Extra Life Cafe will be open on Saturday, December 28th. Would that be a day that would be okay for you all?

For the interview part, I aim to record the conversation and then upload it to the STGWeekly YouTube channel, or barring that maybe a short article to post at shmups.system.org. I would like for people to know more about the French shmup scene. I am open to other suggestions as well.

Thank you,
the F-man
Radigo
Counter Stop

I’m in for saturday the 28th.

Covering a topic such as the  »french shmup scene«  In general is already huge (players, collectors, makers, organizing events). Plus many connections can be done with international scènes as well (trough players like Prom and Juju, and through live events Line the Stunfest). Much, much to say imo.
Frenetic
Insert Coin

Hi everyone,

Extra Life Cafe got back to me and they are open on Saturday, the 28th!

"We will be open on the 28th December from 2pm to 11pm. We close for Christmas (23-24 -25 December) and new year (30-31december -1 january)"

I was thinking maybe we could meet in the late afternoon, talk about a bit and if other people wanted we could have dinner or if that's too ambitious maybe just drinks and snacks somewhere?

You are right, maybe "the entire history of the French shmup scene" is too ambitious. Maybe so we don't be so presumptuous, maybe focus on people that want to be interviewed how they came to like shmups, and what shmups they like...if we can get brief tidbits about shmups in France with the caveat they are from individual's perspectives, would that be more acceptable?

Cheers,
F
Palgork
Mister Beam

Unfortunately, I would not be available the weekend of December 28.
If not, it would have been a pleasure to meet you at Extra Life Café..
95% des bugs se situe entre la chaise et le clavier ....
mutmut02
Mister Beam

I won't be there but I'll check what you'll write or record for sure. Glad to see this happening :).

Enjoy your stay in France !
Frenetic
Insert Coin

@Palgork - No worries. We'll meet someday. I love seeing your Mushihimesama Futari runs.

@mutmut2 - Maybe next time! :)

Leaving on my flight today...so excited to be visiting Paris!

Cheers,
--the F-man
Radigo
Counter Stop

Man, moving to Paris is such a pain in the ass because of the strikes at the moment. I'm not sure I can make it Saturday (I live outside Paris), RATP releases the timetables each evening for the day after so I can't tell if I'm able to come or not right now.

I'll keep you informed...
olisan
Radiant Silverpost

Still planned ? Meeting time is schedule ? Could be there for 15h00 or after.
Radigo i can take you back with my car if needed.
Frenetic
Insert Coin

Hi everyone!

Yep, I’ll be at Extra Life Cafe at 14h00 on Dec 28. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers,
F
M.Knight
Empereur Bydo

It was a lot of fun meeting you at Extra Life Café! A bit of a shame not many people couldn't attend due to the strikes but I still had a great time.
See you soon!
Répondre