Active english posters

A small topic for english speaking users =)
fl0w
Big Boss Killer

I think it's "never let you down" by Depeche Mode but I haven't really checked...
fl0w - "can't beat the system, go with the fl0w !"
Gazzul
Big Boss Killer

This one ?
http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Depech ... Again.html

It doesn't seems like it !
KimKas
Brute du bouton A

Gazzul MessagePosté le: 06-09-06, 09:35 Sujet du message: a écrit : Hi KimKas !

I could not recognize the lyrics in your signature nor could I find them with Google.
Did you write them ?
Hello Gazzul !

Well I'm kinda taken aback ... You didn't find the lyrics ?!?! I didn't write them on my own at all, they are taken from that song of Will Young entitled "Who Am I". That's the first 3 lines of the chorus, full chorus being :

Who am I to tell you that I will never let you down
That no one else could love you half as much I do now
And who am I to tell you I'll always catch you when you fall
Well I, I wouldn't be myself at all (x2), at all

Very beautiful song, full of emotion and his voice is somewhat soothing in my humble opinion.
No matter what, she's the one I care for most
When she'll need it, I will be there for her to help her out
She does not need to return anything, because that is the way I love her, and always will ...

Semper Fi
Gunny
Empereur Bydo

hi there !
Si t'as un truc électronique cassé, ça se passe par là https://www.atelier-electrodd.fr/

-Je comprend rien à ce que tu dis...
-Pas grave... C'est pas en vivant plus longtemps qu'on deviens moins con.
sfried
Insert Coin

Hello...
Seb@s
Dieu de la Borne

yo sfried how are you? ^^ :))
2K11 - The Bydo RaDio ~ Cliquez la Bannière pour accéder à la radio.
Gazzul
Big Boss Killer

It would be nice if the English section could be more active !

Hello Sfried ! What can you tell us about you ?

Introduce yourself, tell us about favorite games, how you discovered this forum !
UltramanU
Militari

Hi sfried ! Gazzul is right, tell us more !
By the way I think you've already earned the 'shmup.com shortest introduction award' :) .
UltramanU
Militari

Ok, I understand now. Sfried was looking for something like 'Show Me Ur Panties' on google and he ended on S.H.M.U.P.
Kind of a disappointment isnt'it ? :)

*pantsu, pantsu !* :love:
Seb@s
Dieu de la Borne

no Ultramanu, sfried is an active poster on shmups :P

:D
2K11 - The Bydo RaDio ~ Cliquez la Bannière pour accéder à la radio.
sfried
Insert Coin

Gazzul a écrit :It would be nice if the English section could be more active !

Hello Sfried ! What can you tell us about you ?

Introduce yourself, tell us about favorite games, how you discovered this forum !
Discovered this thanks to google...
Ultramanu a écrit :Ok, I understand now. Sfried was looking for something like 'Show Me Ur Panties' on google and he ended on S.H.M.U.P.
Kind of a disappointment isnt'it ? :)

*pantsu, pantsu !* :love:
:D ! No, I was looking for a database on shmups and apparently, shmup.com and shmups.com was one of them. Also was one of the links featured in Japon - Histoire Du Shooting Game.

(Speaking of which, do you mind telling me where you got that Karous/Crow pic?)

Favorite games...what kind of games? There are alot...
UltramanU
Militari

Sure ! http://am.sega.jp/utop/closeup/karous_04.html not much to see unless you can read japanese :) .

About your favourite games... as you seem to be interested in shmups I was wondering if you're actually a novice or veteran shmupper 8) . Anyway you came to the right place :) !
There's a sufficient amount of english speaking members on the forums to share news, highscores, tips and anything you feel to talk about without being ignored or bored...at least I think :D .

Personally I'm not too much into the manics right now (dodonpachi, espgaluda, ibara, ikaruga etc...) but rather in the old-school type side scrollers (gradius, darius, thunder force, r-type etc...). Uh no...'been playin' radilgy and karous a lot lately. It might change from a week to another :X .
Apart from shmups I like RPGs a lot, especially Tri-Ace's and the 'Tales Of' series.

And I do like skirts and panties. :love: :D
sfried
Insert Coin

Ultramanu a écrit :Personally I'm not too much into the manics right now (dodonpachi, espgaluda, ibara, ikaruga etc...) but rather in the old-school type side scrollers (gradius, darius, thunder force, r-type etc...). Uh no...'been playin' radilgy and karous a lot lately. It might change from a week to another :X .
Apart from shmups I like RPGs a lot, especially Tri-Ace's and the 'Tales Of' series.
I tried to get into the Touhou danmaku craze too. It just didn't work for me. I guess my first exposure to manics was Ikaruga, and it was only once I was able to finish that game on easy with continues. I was also able to get a hold of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, and even then I'm a little bit more keen on the spinoffs based on the franchise (i.e. MegaMari). I guess it's a problem with accessibility/memorization.

So I guess you could say I'm sort of novice/intermediate. I don't know what game was my first shmup. There were several: B-Wings, Twinbee, 1942 or something... So many since back in the day I lived in an area and era where Family Computers were popular and there were alot of multicarts :-o I know it isn't what you would consider ethical, but I did try to make amends by collecting authentic titles from then on. I couldn't say I finished any of the shmups I played back in the day, since I wasn't very good with them, and lacked general interest (I was into the higher profile titles like Zelda).

I only started to get serious interest late in the scene with Ikaruga and when a few acquaintances also exposed me to several other arcade titles. I also attend a convention held in Baltimore where they have a huge game room...

(Also, Radigy is coming to the US as "Radio Allergy". It's release has been delayed numerous times, but you can check how things are coming along here)
UltramanU
Militari

After reading your post I thought I would never thank Treasure enough for having released Ikaruga as this game helped so much shmups to be popular again...or at least not completely forgotten :o . And it is a good thing to see gamers renew their interest in these games !
During the late 90's I completely forgot about shmups or any other 2D arcade games, concentrating on rpg's or sexy 3D gameplay. It was maybe in 2002 during an excavation in my room at my parent's that I found my old Genesis along with MUSHA and Thunder Force 3. And I fell in love a second time with the world of video games :love: .

Ethics ? Er...'buy the new import stuff to support the scene and download the f****** expensive old, used collectors' is my line :D . I'm no longer the one to spend 150 or 200 euros (around 200$ I guess) for a NECscdrom or Saturn game. (I even dld games I own :eek: , 'specially since the first public release of nullDC because I've never been able to make my own DC selfboot images :o ).

About Tohou, have you tried Perfect Cherry Blossom ? I've only tried their shmups but I've been thinking about this 2D fighter featuring cute girls with magical powers, can't remenber the name (the designers at Tohou are lolicons ! :D ).

The one and best thing I did as a shmupper (!) was to rotate my TV vertically so I could play in 'tate' full screen vertical display. Getting MAME with a selection of the best arcade shmups and connecting your computer to your TV is the most dangerous thing ever to do for a shmupper. Playing Hor. shmups on my pc's monitor an Vert. ones on TV is too comfortable and that's how I got severely addicted :? .

(Yeah we were aware of the 'Radio Allergy' port to the US, as well Karous's port on the Wii, I'm kind of interested by this Radilgy in english, there's not much to read but I want to understand ! :) )
sfried
Insert Coin

Ultramanu a écrit :About Tohou, have you tried Perfect Cherry Blossom ? I've only tried their shmups but I've been thinking about this 2D fighter featuring cute girls with magical powers, can't remenber the name (the designers at Tohou are lolicons ! :D ).
I thought Team Shanghai Alice was just ZUN? And I thought he hated lolicons?

I've been looking around for a cheap LCD TV (with progressive scan) so I can safely "tate" without the risk of breaking an expensive CRT (I have progressive scan cables). I've only been able to play "tate" at a convention.
UltramanU
Militari

Wahaha, I've been fooled by the 'team' :D . Actually I think I read that somewhere, but just forgot. I didn't knew he hated lolicon but he sur knows how to draw the gothic-lolita style !
Wow, Zun is too skilled for my ego :love: .
Where did you learn more about him and all his stuff ? I've found a page on Wikipedia but the link to an english fan site was broken...
We barely have highscores on the forums, I couldn't find a dedicated topic (or it is quite old).

I'm looking for some LCD display too :) ! Well as long as one unplugs and waits around 10 or 15 minutes before moving a crt tv there's no danger...if if doesn't fall that is ^^, but I'm sure a cool 21" monitor with DVI would fit perfectly in my room :love: .
Ippatsuman
Mou-Stick

I could post if people need help :D
Vince2
Dieu de la Borne

Disco*** a écrit :Brian is in the kitchen today.

Pewnaise this is too con but I have louled. sorry :mrgreen:
:dehors!:

Rage Against The Bullets Jeuvidéothèque Megadriver for ever Mon Blog: Dess'Note
Disco***
Sniper Fou
Page Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/falaix/photos_ ... 1482314776

Thank you for your support...
Yes we can!
Yart
Insert Coin

Oh hey. I'm English and stuff.

So uh... I take it not many people here speak English? Any other English shmuppers intimidated by French wanna like, talk about something?

Wow. Some of these topics are really really old... site's been around longer than I imagined! Awesome site though. Really. :) Lots of cool info here. (Though an entry for Slap Fight is missing!!)
Ma langue premier est anglais. Je suis desole si tu pouver pas compris.
UltramanU
Militari

The problem is not that we can't speak English (I think maybe over ten or fifteen members actually can) it is that native speakers who land here will soon find about that other website and forums somewhere on the interwebs that's 100% English-speaking .
:mrgreen:

Being english-speaking doesn't necessarily mean that other 'shmup' community is larger than ours.
Our forums are just as active as theirs.

BUT ! * evil laugh * Our reviews database is unparalleled.
1259 games reviewed AND a search engine ! :unibrow:

If we could find someone insane enough (with absolutely no life) to translate all of these, shmup.com could become a worldwide reference website.

:charme:
Yart
Insert Coin

Ah yea. I know exactly what place you're talking about. ;P

I'd get on the translating if I knew a bit more French. Oh, and if I didn't have a life either. (Playing shmups takes priority :D )

Yea I noticed the large database. I was like "Whoa! They got screenshots for all these games and everything too!" It'll be pretty cool to browse through them later and find new games to play. I haven't had the chance to try anything new in a while.

I like bullet hells. Got any to suggest?
Ma langue premier est anglais. Je suis desole si tu pouver pas compris.
UltramanU
Militari

There's the 'holy trinity' of arcade bullet hell shmups of course:

Cave
Raizing (or '8ing')
Psikyo

Just browse the games of these three companies for the basics,
then you may want to have a look at references like Gigawing, Mars Matrix, Batsugun, Ikaruga, Cyvern, or the Milestone (company) shmups like Radilgy, Karous and Illvelo for something that tastes different.

On the PC there's a big choice of good 'doujin' games,
lots of love for Crimzon Clover lately, or the X.X games like Eden's Aegis or XOP Black.
Unfortunately we don't have much in our database since these are a bit more difficult to track.
A website specialized in doujin shmups existed before (shootthecore) with an incredible database, but it died...
Since then many other 'doujin' related little websites or blogs appeared, but scattered around the webs... it's a pain to collect info on doujin shmups now. :|
yace
Ben... yace, quoi

I like bullet hells. Got any to suggest?
Do you know Dragon Blaze ? Dragon Blaze is a Psikyo shooter released in 2000, this game is simply amazing : wonderful graphics, great soundtrack, and hard enough to keep you playing for a while.

Get a taste man, this game is satisfying as hell !

And OK, the website's database is huge thanks to all of our reviewers, it's the largest shmups database ever ! And it also can be useful for you if you want to know new shooters and practice your French ! :D
Playlist TBYVGS

On nous promet les cieux, nom de Dieu, pour toute récompense
Tandis que ces messieurs, nom de Dieu, s'arrondissent la panse, sang Dieu!
Nous crevons d'abstinence, nom de Dieu, nous crevons d'abstinence!
stratirgy
Insert Coin

Salutations!

I've recently discovered how awesome this site is, so I decided to register. I like Ibara, Dangun Feveron, Under Defeat, Strania, Border Down, Gunbird and 2, Strikers 1945 II, Garegga, Batrider, a little Bakraid, Chaos Field, Darius Gaiden, G Darius, Darius Burst, and maybe an R-Type or Gradius II here and there. Espgaluda 2 is pretty neat. I can also live with some Raiden DX, Esprade, or Raiden Fighters (2 or Jet). Most other shooting games I've had enough of, though.

I've most recently tried to play Radiant Silvergun, but I never even finish the second part of the first stage without losing because I have no idea how to play it. I'm somewhat resistant to learning the scoring paths. The bosses are great, but I could do without the stages (which are necessary for leveling up your weapons, unfortunately...).

Unfortunately, I have not yet taken the time to learn any French at all. Perhaps I will do so in the future.
Vince2
Dieu de la Borne

Welcome!!! :aaah:

Rage Against The Bullets Jeuvidéothèque Megadriver for ever Mon Blog: Dess'Note
Ryusenshi
Big Boss Killer

Welcome to you all !

As you may have guessed, this part isn't exactly the most active on the site, as most of us tend to post in the French part. So I encourage all of you English-speaking shmuppers to take initiative ! If you start threads, there should be a fair number of forum members who will answer you. Just don't wait for us to start threads.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
stratirgy
Insert Coin

It's quite alright that this forum isn't very active, because I'm not especially active, either! I'm actually just falling out of playing shooting games with any ferocity. I'm beginning to work out and read books again (and play Counterstrike Source :roll:), so my shooting game activity is rather low. Thanks for the hello!
DEL
Fine Gâchette

Hi,

I should be over for Stunfest again this year. Last year was excellent!
Plasmo from Germany and Icarus, CHI & Smraedis from the UK should also make it.

As for games, I'm currently playing the very nasty chaotic Manpuku Mode ver1.01 on the X360.

Regs,

DEL
(My avatar is from last year's Stunfest).
Répondre